2010-09-29

A Review Of The Asus 1005hab Eee Pc Netbook-Replica Watches

This article was developed based on the recent purchase of an Asus Eee PC 1005HAB Netbook. I've had quite a few laptop computers, but never had a netbook before. This is my very first netbook now and I really enjoy having it. This Asus netbook is extremely powerful in my honest opinion and offers really great features. Netbooks have been around for a while now and have been heavily discussed all over the Internet. Some netbooks come with Linux as their operating, but about 90% either come with Windows XP or Windows Vista as their main operating system. The one bought for this review came with Windows XP and I am actually considering Windows 7 for it as soon as it becomes available.


Things I really like about the Asus Netbook are the weight and the screen/display. My last laptop computer I bought is about 3.5 years old and I am amazed how the display technology has evolved during that time. The Asus netbook display is featuring a solid resolution and content shown on the screen can be seen from across the room. While traveling I used the built-in SD card reader of the Asus to upload my pictures from the camera. I then used Google Picasa to work on my pictures and I was partially blown away how great the pictures looked like on the small screen. The Asus netbook had plenty of horse power to modify the pictures to correct colors, rotation, and more without freezing up or slowing down.

However, the one thing I am not so impressed with is the battery life of this netbook. I do not know if it is Windows XP or the Wi-Fi connection, but it seems like the factory battery is only good for maybe 2-3 hours. The battery power level shown by Windows XP is making big jumps down and that happens really quickly. The netbook has different power settings so that you adjust settings for when working on battery, but even with the most battery-efficient setting the power went out after around 3 hours or so. As a matter of fact, even though the screen brightness dims down when running on battery power, the Asus Netbook still uses a lot of energy that drains the battery. So, my conclusion is that to bypass this problem you will need to consider buying a replacement battery. The 1005HAB is the "Best Buy" version of this popular netbook with some minor downgrades compared to the real 1005HA. You can either take the battery from another Asus 1005HA or replace the existing one with an official replacement battery for longer battery power.

My personal conclusion about this little portable computer: Great netbook with plenty of horse power (memory and CPU) so to speak. I love the low weight and what I can do with this Asus 1005HAB netbook. The 160 GB hard drive provides decent speed and plenty of space. I am a little bit disappointed about the battery life though. Would I buy it again if I have the choice Yes, I would go for this netbook computer again.


A Review Of The Asus 1005hab Eee Pc Netbook

Previous:A Perfect Watch In My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment